Good to know
Prepare yourself for a video-conference
- Look for a background that is not distracting and put away any personal items that might be embarrassing or you want to keep private.
- Dress casually, but appropriately.
- If you expect a longer meeting, prepare at least some water to drink.
- Sit by the window to have the light on your face. Turn on the light if needed.
- Turn off any notifications and any other programs that might bother you during the call.
- Be prepared to switch to a mobile app in case your PC connection goes down or your headset is not working properly. Keep the phone in a horizontal position. Check the functionality of the application.
- Use a headset if possible.
- Camera should be above your shoulders, your laptop screen should be vertical - to prevent distorted image.
- Look into the camera, not at the keyboard.
- In case of connection issues, try to reload the conference page in your browser.
- Check your appearance from time to time, but avoid ‘selfie-style’ presentation.